Terms & Conditions for the acceptance of all Bookings in the
Self-Catering Holiday & Business Lettings
at the Whitminster House Estate properties & grounds
N.B. We recommend organisers of Group bookings, if sharing costs, to take payments from all in advance, to protect the organiser from late drop outs. We are VAT Registered 275569415.
1. ELECTRICITY & WOOD:
a) The tenant undertakes to pay for electricity used and wood supplied to the premises during the letting. (West Wing Apartment in Whitminster House only: oil-fired C/H in winter & reasonable use of H/W all year is included)
b) Electricity usage calculated from meter readings and charged at subsidised rates. Logs @ £3.50 per large bag. Please see individual cottage details.
2. The tenant undertakes to keep the premises and all the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects therein and on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as they are in at the commencement of the letting and shall pay to the Owner the value of, or for the replacement of, or for the repair and reinstatement, as appropriate, of any part of the above damaged or destroyed during the occupancy.
NO SMOKING - it is against the law to smoke in these premises - Sand buckets are provided outside each property for those who require them.
3. The Agent and Owner reserve the right to decline accommodation.
4. A deposit of 25% of the letting rate is payable with the booking. The balance of the total rent is due 8 weeks before the commencement of the holiday, or as agreed in writing.
5. a) Upon payment of the deposit and subject to the Owner's acceptance of the booking the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent for the full period of the let. Bookings verbally confirmed are deemed to be fully liable as above, and will be confirmed in writing by the Owner or Agent.
To avoid misunderstanding we would like to remind you that a reservation constitutes a legally binding contract. If for any reason you have to cancel or cut short your booking you will be liable to pay a cancellation charge @ minimum 25% or, if we are unable to re-let your booked accommodation(s) this may be for the total rents due.
b) We strongly recommend all Visitors to take out Cancellation Insurance for your rental protection. Several Holiday Insurance offers available on the Internet, or herewith one suggested to check with & contact direct - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: www.travelfirst.co.uk or Tel: 03459 080 161.
6. In the event of cancellation prior to the commencement of the letting and upon so notifying the Agent or Owner in writing, or in the event of the applicant being deemed under the provisions hereof to have cancelled the arrangements, the Agent or Owner may (without prejudice to the provisions of Clause 5) endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned or for such part hereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged the Agent or Owner at their sole discretion will refund such part of the deposit as remains after deducting any expenses incurred in the re-letting and making good of any loss sustained by the owner.
7. A BOND calculated @ £15 per guest for Weekends or Short Breaks and @ £25 per guest for full week bookings, is to be paid to the Owner or Agent by, or on behalf of, the person making the booking, either before the commencement of the holiday or on arrival of the first guest for the key to the cottage(s) booked.
Charges for use of services provided: electricity as per meter readings given, logs, BBQ re-set, Wines etc., and for any serious breakages or other damage, will be notified and deducted from this Bond, and all monies remaining after such notified deductions shall be returned by the Owner to the person making the booking, or paying the Bond if other, within two weeks after the holiday has ended, or sooner if possible.
Alternatively, if Credit Card details are provided to hold in lieu, and at the Owner`s discretion, a Cash Bond may not be required, and any expenses will be deducted from this Credit Card on an exact basis with the receipt & details posted to the owner of the Credit Card after the holiday, as above.
8. PERSONAL INJURY: Neither the Agent nor the Owner will be liable:-
a) for personal injury (other than resulting from their respective negligence) to the customer or any member of his/her party
b) for loss or damage to the property of the customer (or any member of his/her party, including pets)
c) parents must accept full responsibility for the safety & care of their children in all our properties and grounds.
9. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: The Agent and Owner shall in no way be liable for loss, damage or injury caused by strike, industrial dispute, weather, war or other hostility, fire, flood, riot or civil commotion, nor for any defects or interruptions to supply of electricity, water or other services. In no event shall the liability of the Agent or the Owner to the customer howsoever arising exceed the price paid for the relevant holiday.
10. BASIS OF OCCUPATION:
(Subject to all Govt. health directions and known guide lines for as long as they remain in Force
All rents at seasonal rates are listed on our website, www.whitminsterhousecottages.co.uk)
a) The properties are used as holiday accommodation and therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. All occupants must undertake to vacate the premises in good order at the end of their booking period. All bookings accepted by the Owner or Holiday Cottage Letting Agents must be honoured by the Customer in full.
b) We have an extensive list of good local Caterers we can recommend if required and can organise this for you as our service.
c) All Marquees to be erected on our premises have to be arranged and booked only through our Office, and for all functions in a Marquee there will be a reasonable Corkage Charge per Adult.
11. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
WEEKLY BOOKINGS: usually Friday pm to Friday 10 am, or Monday pm to Monday 10 am. Arrival generally between 4 pm to 9 pm on the start day booked & Departure not later than 10 am (unless mutually agreed in advance) to allow necessary time for the properties to be cleaned & prepared and checked before the next visitors arrive.
WEEKEND & SHORT BREAKS - usually Friday pm to Sunday pm / Monday 10 am (no extra charge for Sunday night).
*Bank Holiday Rates include the extra day. Mid-week breaks usually from Monday pm to Friday 10 am as may be available.
(i) ALL OCCUPATION at our premises is subject to Govt. regulations.
(ii) CCTV cameras are located only in public areas around the house as a security measure required by our Insurers.
All accommodation rents at 'Seasonal Rates'.
"Lovely characterful properties, had a really enjoyable time and we will be coming again." Hen party & Family group